From Our Readers
“Fellow Krewe of Centaur member Cindy Marlowe and I have lived in Shreveport, La., for several years. Cindy is from Birmingham, and I am from Tuscaloosa and a W grad. We both have friends and family in the Columbus area so we really enjoy keeping up with what’s going on and finding new places to shop and eat when we visit, books to add to our reading list and recipes to try.
Here we are, enjoying the spring 2012 issue of Catfish Alley while waiting for the Shreveport Mardi Gras parade to roll.
Thanks for a great magazine. And we both think Toxey is adorable!”
-Pam Griffith, Shreveport, La.
PAM’S PERFECT PASTA SALAD
2 stalks celery
2 large bell peppers
12 oz. package rotini pasta
1/2 can large black olives, sliced in half
1 jar marinated artichokes
1 package Italian salad dressing mix
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup canola oil
Salt and pepper
• Chop celery and slice bell pepper.
• Cook pasta according to directions. About two minutes before pasta is cooked, add celery and bell pepper.
• Drain pasta, celery and peppers.
• While pasta is hot, combine pasta, artichokes and olives in a large bowl.
• In separate bowl, mix salad dressing according to directions, except use 1/2 cup olive oil PLUS 1/2 cup canola oil.
• Add dressing mixture to pasta mixture and season to taste with Italian seasoning, basil, salt and pepper.
Note: Travels well in a large Ziploc in the cooler for cookouts. Best if made the day before so that flavors can “marry.” You can also use green olives — I like the big martini ones — but be careful when you add salt.